It’s the best place in the entire Midwest . . . maybe one of the best in the country.Werner Herzog, director of Grizzly Man and Fitzcarraldo
Visiting filmmakers and guests
We welcome guests from around the world to talk to you about their films.
Read our blog for insightful and intriguing writing on subjects related to our program.
- Sound Design in Claire Denis’ Trouble Every Day
- Jazz, Motels, and Convertibles: French Futurism in Elevator to the Gallows
- “The Most Alive of All”: Why Children of Paradise is the Grand Epic of Poetic Realism
- Reflecting on a Remarkable Decade of Collaboration and Transformation
- Physical Media Isn’t Dead, It Just Smells Funny: Blu-ray Reviews for December 2020