- New Releases: $5 students/$8 general admission
- Repertory: $5 for everyone
- Special Events: $10 for everyone
- National Theater Live: $12 students/$15 general admission
- CINEkids Screenings: Kids 12 and under free/$5 general admission
Every year 50% of our programming is free of charge for everyone!
How To Get Tickets
IU Cinema has 260 seats. We encourage you to get tickets in advance of the event you are attending.
Unless otherwise noted, all screenings and other events require tickets. All patrons, including infants and patrons who sit in their wheelchairs, must have a valid ticket for all ticketed events. For all ticketed events, patrons with tickets must be seated at least five minutes before the event starts to be guaranteed a seat.
There are three ways to get tickets to IU Cinema Screenings:
- At our online box office. Tickets purchased online are subject to a $1.00 processing fee, even if you are obtaining a ticket for a free event. Online ticket sales close one hour before any screening or event.
- At the IU Auditorium Box Office. Tickets obtained at the Auditorium Box Office are not subject to any additional fees.
- In the Cinema lobby before the show. Tickets obtained in the Cinema lobby are not subject to any additional fees. The Cinema lobby box office opens 1 hour before any screening or event.
Standby ticketing is offered on an event by event basis; if standby seating is offered for a specific event, it will be noted on the event’s webpage. When standby seating is offered, it’s important to know the following things:
- There is no digital or paper standby list; to obtain standby tickets for an event you must be physically present on the standby line at the Cinema.
- The standby line is outside, regardless of weather; dress appropriately to wait in the elements.
- Standby is first come, first served. We recommend being on the standby line 45 minutes before showtime for your best chance at getting tickets.
- If an accessibility issue disallows you to wait online, or outside, please see the House Manager on duty and they can accomodate you.
We strongly encourage patrons to buy tickets online in advance to avoid getting sold out.
There is no limit on ticket purchases for paid events. There is a limit of four tickets per person for free events.
If you have a class, club, or large group that wishes to attend a free event, please contact us.
IU Cinema does not offer discounts for group sales.
Ticket exchanges can only be made for the same film title—so if a film is being screened more than once, you can exchange your ticket for a different screening time or date if tickets are still available. Your exchange must be completed before the date and time listed on the ticket you want to exchange. We do not offer ticket refunds.
How Do IU Cinema Ticket Prices Compare to Other Theaters?
Our $8 tickets are 40% cheaper than the local chain theaters
Our $5 tickets are 77% cheaper than the local chain theaters
Our online processing fee is 50% cheaper than the local chain theaters