We welcome Creative Collaborations proposals from any IU Bloomington academic unit, nonacademic unit, or student group, as well as community organizations.
We receive many proposals each semester and can accept only a fraction of them. To ensure diverse and inclusive partnerships, our Program Advisory Board reviews and approves proposals. The board consists of members from across the Bloomington campus, plus an undergraduate student representative and a community representative.
If you have questions, email email@example.com.
Creative Collaborations partners must agree to:
- Contribute funding to support the screening rights for each film (approximately $250 to $500 per film).
- Contribute partial funding for ticketing fees and materials shipping/handling costs (approximately $100 per film).
- Commit to all events being open to the general public and included as part of IU Cinema’s public programming schedule. Private events are not supported through Creative Collaborations.
- Commit to all events being free but ticketed. No funds to support your proposal should be expected from ticket sales.
- Work with IU Cinema to determine the final series title and film selections, and provide an 80-word description of the approved film(s) and series for the IU Cinema program booklet and website.
- Promote your program(s) and bring an audience of at least 50 people to each event.
- Introduce each program and, when applicable, provide a Q&A moderator.
- If inviting guests for a program, partners takes all responsibility for inviting and hosting guest(s), unless alternate arrangements are made in advance with IU Cinema.
- Send to IU Cinema for approval all marketing materials or press releases designed for series events. IU Cinema should be credited in all materials whether by logo or in text.
IU Cinema provides all Creative Collaborations partners with:
- Research and procurement of screening rights and materials from the appropriate film distributors and/or archives.
- Marketing materials to promote your program(s)..
- Venue and staffing for all programs, including projectionist, house managers, ticketing clerks, and ushers.
- Recognition of the partnership in all print and online marketing materials.
- Ticketing service, with the ability to offer blocks of tickets to partners upon request.