This screening includes And Then They Came for Us
- Date and time:
- Fri, Feb 18, From 7–7:51 pm
- 51 min
- Free, no ticket required
Filmmaker Abby Ginzberg and one of the film’s subjects, Satsuki Ina, will be present for a virtual conversation and interactive Q&A.
We’re working with our film distribution friends at Good Docs to bring you the film And Then They Came for Us. A limited number of complimentary passes will be available to watch the film on a first-come-first-served basis.
To participate in this virtual event:
- Be sure you have downloaded Zoom software to the device you want to use to watch this event.
- Register for the February 18 Zoom webinar to receive a link through which you will join the event at the date and time noted.
- To watch the film, you must tune in to the live Zoom event. At the end of the film introduction, a slide will appear with instructions on how to watch the film, which will include a web address as well as a password. The slide will also display a countdown clock indicating when the post-film Q&A will begin.
- Please note: The film will not screen via Zoom. You will need to open a web browser, type in the web address, and press enter. The web address must be entered into your web address bar—it will not work if you type into a search engine bar. Once on the film’s landing page, you will enter the password where it says “Enter password.”
- We recommend keeping the Zoom webinar window open while watching the film so you can view the countdown clock to the start of the post-film Q&A.
For more information on accessing IU Cinema virtual events, please visit our Virtual Cinema Frequently Asked Questions.
This virtual event is part of the activities held by IU’s Asian Culture Center and Asian American Studies Program in commemoration of the 80th anniversary of the Day of Remembrance. Other events include a keynote address by Prof. Greg Robinson, two panels on the 1998 film After Life, and a closing statement by Chancellor Ken Iwaki at the Frangipani Room from 1–4:30 pm on February 16 and a group discussion entitled Over a Cup of Tea: Reflections on Japanese American Internment at the Asian Culture Center from 5–6 pm on February 24.
This screening is sponsored by the Asian Culture Center, Asian American Studies Program, and IU Cinema.