This screening includes The Trojan Women
- Date and time:
- Tues, Jan 25, 2022, From 7–8:45 pm
- 1 hr 45 min
- Free, no ticket required
Join us for a virtual film screening programmed by IU Chancellor Michael A. McRobbie with an introduction by IU Cinema Director Dr. Alicia Kozma.
To participate in this virtual event:
- Be sure you have downloaded Zoom software to the device you want to use to watch this event.
- Register for the January 25 Zoom webinar to receive a link through which you will join the event at the date and time noted.
- To watch the film, you must tune in to the live Zoom event. At the end of the film introduction, a slide will appear with instructions on how to watch the film, which will include a web address as well as a password.
- Please note: The film will not screen via Zoom. You will need to open a web browser, type in the web address, and press enter. The web address must be entered into your web address bar—it will not work if you type into a search engine bar. Once on the film’s landing page, you will enter the password where it says “Enter password.”
For more information on accessing IU Cinema virtual events, please visit our Virtual Cinema Frequently Asked Questions.
President’s Choice Film Series: Michael Cacoyannis’ Euripides Trilogy
Over a fifteen-year span, Greek-Cypriot master director Michael Cacoyannis adapted Euripides’ enduring trilogy: Iphigenia, The Trojan Women, and Electra. Combining elements of cinematic style from both the European art house and Hollywood filmmaking traditions, Cacoyannis’ films remind us of the continued immediacy and relevance of these ancient, tragic tales.
Curated by IU University Chancellor Michael A. McRobbie.
Series: IU Cinema Virtual Screening Room, Michael A. McRobbie's Choice